nigeriasport.ng

Jamal Musiala Receives Driving Ban After High-Speed Crash

Jamal Musiala has been handed a driving ban after a high‑speed crash on the A8 motorway last year, capping a bruising spell on and off the pitch for the Bayern Munich star.

High-speed crash on the A8

The incident dates back to April 13, 2025. Musiala was driving an Audi RS e-tron GT on the A8 in the direction of Salzburg, a car built to surge past 600 horsepower. That power told in the worst possible way.

During an overtaking move, the 23-year-old was clocked at 194 km/h in a section limited to 120 km/h. According to the Munich I Public Prosecutor's Office, Musiala, travelling at excessive speed, failed to notice a car to his right. The result was a collision that dragged a private moment squarely into the legal spotlight.

The other vehicle, a VW Golf, carried two people: a 30-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman. Both suffered minor injuries. Property damage is estimated at around €200,000.

Musiala’s younger sister was reportedly in the passenger seat of the Audi. Witness accounts and reports from the investigation describe the Bayern midfielder as shocked in the immediate aftermath, but he is said to have gone straight to check on the occupants of the Golf.

Court ruling and legal consequences

The case moved quietly through the courts, away from the glare that usually follows one of Europe’s most gifted playmakers. That changed with confirmation from the Munich District Court.

Spokesperson Florian Lindemann outlined the outcome: on January 28, 2026, the court issued a penal order against “the accused Jamal M.” for negligent endangerment of road traffic and negligent bodily injury in two cases. That order has now become legally binding.

The punishment hits on two fronts. There is a financial penalty, the details of which have not been publicly disclosed, and there is the sanction that cuts deeper into everyday life: the loss of his driving licence.

Musiala’s representatives have confirmed the incident and the ruling after inquiries brought the matter into public view, ending months in which the case had unfolded largely unnoticed.

Nine months off the road

The ban is not a token measure. Lindemann clarified that a new licence cannot be issued to Musiala until at least nine months after the penal order became legally binding. With the clock starting from January 28, the Bayern midfielder will not be allowed back behind the wheel until the autumn.

For a player used to living at speed, it is a forced slowdown, and a stark reminder of how quickly control can disappear when the accelerator goes down too hard.

A brutal stretch for Bayern’s prodigy

The timing only deepens what has already been a punishing period for Musiala.

His 2025 campaign was shredded at the Club World Cup, where he suffered a fractured fibula and a dislocated ankle – the most serious injury of his professional career so far. That blow kept him out for a long stretch and raised uncomfortable questions about how his body would respond after such trauma.

He made his return in January, a welcome sight for Bayern and Germany alike, only to suffer another scare in March with a fresh ankle problem. No long-term damage on the same scale, but enough to jolt nerves around a player expected to carry club and country into the next era.

Now the injuries on the pitch are mirrored by a stark misstep off it. Musiala remains one of the brightest talents of his generation, but the last year has underlined a harsher reality: the margin for error, whether in a tackle or in an overtaking lane at 194 km/h, is brutally thin.