Enzo Fernandez's Commitment to Chelsea Amid Transfer Speculations
Enzo Fernandez has returned to Chelsea with what Xabi Alonso calls a “really good attitude” as the club move to shut down talk of a late-window exit.
The Argentina midfielder had been at the centre of one of the summer’s biggest sagas. In late May, Chelsea reached an understanding with his agent, Javier Pastore, that he could leave for £120m, but only if any deal was done by 14 August.
That date has come and gone. No formal bid arrived. Chelsea’s stance has hardened.
The club have now informed Fernandez’s camp that he is not for sale in this window, despite Manchester City’s interest. City, led by Enzo Maresca – who previously worked with Fernandez at Stamford Bridge – remain keen and believe Chelsea would still be open to business at the right price.
“Enzo is a Chelsea player. We are happy with him and he's getting ready for Monday.”
Publicly, Alonso is drawing a firm line.
Chelsea open their Premier League campaign away to Fulham, and Alonso insists his midfielder’s focus is on Craven Cottage, not on potential moves.
The coach says the 25-year-old has “integrated really well” since rejoining the group after the World Cup and is “training really well”. The message is consistent: committed, sharp, aligned.
“I see him with a really good attitude and that's what we want,” Alonso said.
For now, the price tag, the deadline and the noise sit in the background. Chelsea plan to start the season with Enzo Fernandez at the heart of it.



